Myrsini’s Summer Edutainment
Myrsini’s Summer Edutainment is a unique award winning educational programme aimed at teaching children aged 3-12, life skills in a fun and creative English environment. Children participate in experiential and stimulating learning activities while participating in a variety of over 27 activities each week with plenty of interesting things to discover each week’s different theme. Children are exposed to the English language through play by involving them in fun and creative hands-on activities. The games and activities provide children with the opportunity to be taught in an informal and enjoyable way. In other words, they will actually be learning without realizing it!
Myrsini’s Summer Edutainment does not only focus on teaching English, but also aims to teach and equip children with important life skills. The activities have been specifically designed to focus on developing pupils socially, physically, intellectually, creatively and emotionally.
Myrsini’s Summer Edutainment is based on the philosophy that:
- Children are equipped with an innate ability to learn languages naturally and subconsciously.
- Children learn better through play-based hands-on-experiences because they can make sense of ideas from real-life experience.
- Children develop greater fluency in a language when they are naturally exposed to the language they are learning.
- Myrsini’s Summer Edutainment focuses on language acquisition rather than language learning.
This holistic hands-on curriculum aims to enable children to:
- discover an ideal and magical learning environment
- experience a learning process that sparks their imagination
- experience a learning process that takes their creativity to another level
- experience a learning process that releases incredibly beautiful emotions and feelings while learning English and life skills in the most exciting, entertaining and playful way
Each week is based on a certain theme and each day is divided into about 8-9 thirty minute activities. The weekly theme is explored through 25 exciting activities from outdoor games/sports, gardening, yoga for kids, water games, cooking, stem challenges, mural fun, science fun, arts and crafts, dancing, singing, language games, Happy tots/Happy juniors, drama fun, Myrsini’s Village activities, National Geographic fun, board games, storytelling, puzzles, chess, music games, save the planet and hip hop.
- 11:00 – 11:30 is snack time and students need to bring their own snack and water
- Every Tuesday and Friday students need to bring a bathing costume and a towel
The progamme runs from mid – June to the end of August.
Children are divided into two groups:
Group 1: Tots – children, aged 3-6
Group 2: Juniors – children, aged 7-12
Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 14:00
PARTICIPATION IS FLEXIBLE
Children can enroll:
- monthly (4 weeks)
- weekly (5 days)
- arrival and departure time is flexible – parents and children should feel carefree to come and go.